Palpung Sampel Chöling
22587 Cajigar (Huesca) Spain
Coordinates to arrive: 42.252744, 0.604581
Cajigar is situated in the Huesca pre-Pyrenees, in the Aragonese Ribagorza region. Graus (30 minutes), Benabarre (20 minutes), Roda de Isábena (30 minutes), and Pont de Suert (50 minutes) surround it.
Cajigar was a place of great historical importance in medieval times and has left impressive samples of the Romanesque in churches, hermitages and towns. Many hermits lived in this area, and spiritual life in seclusion was important here for many centuries.
From here, manual indications
- Taking the N-230 road, you pass through Benabarre
- Following the N-230 road, past Tolva—a short distance after Tolva, you will need to enter the right lane to turn left on HU-V-9321,
- You will pass through the village of Luzás, then drive until HU-V-9321 ends and you reach A-2613, Castigaleu is to the left on A-2613 and Cajigar is to the right on A-2613. You need to take a right on A-2613 towards Cajigar
- Continue on this road (A-2613) in the direction of Cajigar (6.4 km)
- Before reaching Cajigar (Google maps: 42.252744, 0.604581) there is a crossroads and you will find on the small road to the right the sign for Palpung Sampel Chöling.
- You continue on this small paved road and after 1 km in a 90º bend, turn right onto a track that descends and is adorned with Tibetan flags.
- Continue along the track for 2 minutes until you reach the Sampel parking lot. Leave the car there and continue walking towards the village.
If you come to a big event, the small parking lot near the village will be insufficient, so at point 12- you must continue along the road for another 400 meters until you see the sign for the large parking lot on the right.
- COME BY PLANE
Nearest airports: Zaragoza (198 km), Barcelona (245 km), Lleida-Alguaire (77 km)
- COME BY TRAIN
Nearest train stations: Huesca (117 km), Lleida (94 km)
- COME BY BUS
The closest bus stops: Graus (34 km) and Benabarre (27 km)
Buses from Barcelona, Lleida, Zaragoza, Huesca to Barbastro (64 km)
Buses from Barbastro to Graus and Benabarre: www.avanzabus.com (+34) 91 272 28 32
Bus from Lleida to Benabarre:www.alsa.es (+34) 902 42 22 42
Nearest taxis: Graus (34 km) and Benabarre (27 km)
Jose Ramon Mascaray 608 033 723 (Graus)
Jose Antonio Lacambra 657 145 283 (Graus)
Taxis Graus 630 684 279
Amable Guaño 666 560 775 (Graus)
Mª del Carmen Cosialls 639 383 315 (Benabarre)
Ramón Perna 649 203 810 (Benabarre)
ORGANIZE YOUR TRANSPORTATION
You can enter your information if you have a car or if you need a car and organize among yourselves.
Useful combinations are:
– Meet other people from cities near yours, to rent a car together for the entire weekend.
– Arrive by train to Lleida or Huesca or by bus to Barbastro. There, either meet people who have a car, or meet other people and together rent a car for the weekend.
– If you arrive by bus to Graus or Benabarre, you can book a taxi in advance among several people in the same way.